The Nominations Committee is chaired by Peter Bacchus, with fellow Non-Executive Directors Elaine Dorward-King and Graham Martin as the other members.
The role of the Committee is to:
- ensure that there is a formal, rigorous and transparent procedure for appointments to the Board;
- lead the process for appointments and make recommendations to the Board;
- assist the Board in ensuring its composition is regularly reviewed and refreshed, taking into account the length of service of the Board as a whole, so that it is effective and able to operate in the best interests of shareholders;
- ensure plans are in place for orderly succession to positions on the Board and as regards senior management;
- oversee the development of a diverse pipeline for succession;
- work and liaise with other Board committees, as appropriate, including the remuneration committee in respect of any remuneration package to be offered to any new appointee of the Board.