The Nominations Committee is chaired by Peter Bacchus, with fellow Non-Executive Directors Elaine Dorward-King and Graham Martin as the other members.
The role of the Committee is to:
- ensure that there is a formal, rigorous and transparent procedure for appointments to the Board;
- lead the process for appointments and make recommendations to the Board;
- assist the Board in ensuring its composition is regularly reviewed and refreshed, taking into account the length of service of the Board as a whole, so that it is effective and able to operate in the best interests of shareholders;
- ensure plans are in place for orderly succession to positions on the Board and as regards senior management;
- oversee the development of a diverse pipeline for succession;
- work and liaise with other Board committees, as appropriate, including the remuneration committee in respect of any remuneration package to be offered to any new appointee of the Board.
Terms of reference for the Nominations Committee