The Sustainability Committee is chaired by Elizabeth Headon, with fellow Non-Executive Directors Clever Fonseca, Graham Martin and Tim Keating as the other members.
The role of the Committee is to review and assure, on behalf of the Board, that the Company has appropriate and effective strategies, policies and operational controls in place to:
- manage health, safety, security, social and environmental risks, and facilitate progressive employment practices on our operating sites;
- facilitate fair land access, compensation, and timely rehabilitation arrangements in our mining areas;
- advocate for and promote community development, particularly economic, healthcare and education in our host communities
- incorporate management of climate change and other sustainability factors into Company plans, with external reporting where appropriate to recognised international norms;
- monitor socio-political developments within the region and the country as a whole.